There will be clinics at Collingwood Curling Club and Wasaga Beach Rec Plex this month
SIMCOE MUSKOKA DISTRICT HEALTH UNIT
The health unit and its school board partners are now offering youth-focused first-dose COVID-19 vaccination clinics to people ages 12 to 17.
Clinics will run throughout the weeks of June 14 and 21 across Simcoe Muskoka. Youth can make an appointment at one of these clinics through the provincial reservation system or the provincial vaccine reservation line: 1-833-943-3900.
Young people do not need to attend that particular school to make an appointment. When booking a vaccination appointment for the first dose, the second dose will automatically be reserved at the appropriate interval in August so that students are fully immunized before returning to school in the fall.
To make an appointment online, individuals must be at least 12 years old on the date of their appointment. For those who are not yet 12 years old but will be on the day of the clinic, they can make an appointment by calling the provincial vaccine reservation line.
Dates and locations of clinics:
- June 15 – Gravenhurst High School – 325 Mary St S, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1X7
- June 16 – Nantyr Shore High School – 1146 Anna Maria Ave, Innisfil, ON L9S 4X5
- June 17 – Wasaga Beach Rec Plex – 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A1
- June 23 – Nottawasaga Pines High School – 8505 County Road 10, Angus, ON, L0M 1B1
- June 25 – Collingwood Curling Club – 250, rue Hume, Collingwood, ON L9Y 4W3
- June 26 – Gravenhurst High School 325 Mary St S, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1X7
Young people 12 years of age and older can continue to make appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine at any community vaccination clinic or at some pharmacies administering the Pfizer vaccine.
For more information on how to book an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine and the locations of the community clinics in Simcoe Muskoka, please visit our COVID-19 pages at www.smdhu.org.