“Summer is great for making memories with loved ones, and these marquees Miami Beach are perfect for travelers looking to make the most of the last few weeks of the season, âsaid Steve adkins, Chairman of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). “There’s an event happening every day this month, making it easy for travelers to participate in one final summer celebration before welcoming fall.”
Miami Beach is known for welcoming all types of travelers, from culture enthusiasts to foodies – there is something for everyone. Art lovers will appreciate the unique exhibits at the Wolfsonian, while those who want to end their summer in a relaxing way can book a spa treatment and unwind on the beach or in one of the hotel’s many luxurious swimming pools.
Vacationers and locals ready to celebrate the end of summer can choose from several sunny events, including:
- Learn how to mix and sip cocktails for National Rum Month with Chat Chow TV Gio gutierrez on August 19e at Shelborne South Beach. During the Havana Club tasting course with Mixology Mixer, participants will learn how to prepare the perfect 305 Mojito, Sunny Pina Colada, and a Cafecito O’Clock.
- Celebrate Africa and the African diaspora by immersing yourself in music and dance at the Miami Beach Kizomba Festival on August 26e – 30e at the Eden Roc hotel. Highlights include a Caribbean Vibes Day Party, Afro Vibes Pool Party, and a live performance by Denis GraÃ§a.
- Become one with nature during Full Moon Sound and Social on 22 augustsd at 1 South Beach Hotel. Customers will use noise-canceling headphones to reflect under a full moon while listening to various rhythms and sounds.
- Check out some of the best bars on Miami Beach during the South Beach Pub Crawl on August 28e. Guests will visit four bars, including The Abbey Brewing, Yard House, Lost Weekend and Kill Your Idol, and receive a BOGO on drinks.
- Miami Spice Restaurant Months Invites Travelers To Take Advantage Of Discounted Breakfast, Brunch And Dinner Offers At Select Destination Restaurants Now September 30e. Participating restaurants include LT Steak and Seafood, Stiltsville Fish Bar, and Fuego Y Mar.
- Celebrate National Beach Day with 1 Hotel South Beach during meditation and movement at 7h00 on August 30e. Participants will escape the stresses of everyday life and relax on the sand while watching the sunrise over Miami Beach. Tickets are $ 22.
- Now through August 31st, locals and visitors alike can still enjoy Miami’s spa months by giving their mind, body and soul much-needed pampering. Participating spas include Bamford Wellness Spa at 1 Hotel South Beach, Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau and Tierra Santa Healing House at Faena Hotel Miami Beach.
- Grab family and friends and head to The North Beach Bandshell for Beach Skate at 1:00 p.m. on September 5e. The Love Below will bring the tunes in while guests bring their skates, blades and positive energy.
- Art lovers can enjoy several exhibits and installations at The Wolfsonian, available now via September 5e. Exhibits include Art for Justice, Color and Form: American Depression Glass, and The New Deal: Art Relief. Admission is free and visits are welcome.
“Miami Beach continues to shine as a destination that offers unique experiences throughout the year, and we encourage travelers to take advantage of these late summer events and offers, âsaid Grisette Marcos, Executive Director of MBVCA. “We look forward to welcoming visitors to celebrate the end of summer with us.”
For more information on the epic events taking place on Miami Beach this month, follow @ExperienceMiamiBeach on Facebook, Instagram and @EMiamiBeach on Twitter, and download the Experience Miami Beach app at http://www.miamibeachapi.com/app/.
SOURCE Miami Beach Convention and Visitors Authority