The Town of Wasaga Beach continually strives to meet the needs of the community by providing recreational opportunities that benefit people of all life stages and abilities. It is important to hear from you so that we can continue to develop and implement programs and improve the services offered in our community.
You can also pick up a hard copy at Wasaga Beach RecPlex 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach
The Wasaga Beach Sports and Recreation Council is a group of people who advise the Recreation, Events and Facilities Department on fundraising, athletic development and coaching practices.
The council meets once a month to tackle projects affecting sports and recreation in Wasaga Beach and strives to ensure cohesion among the many private, municipal and volunteer sports agencies that make up the community.
INFORMATION ON THE YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND CANDIDACY CRITERIA
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a committee of the Council that will meet at least six times a year on the second Thursday of each month. Agendas will be distributed one week before the meeting.
- Advise Council, local organizations and businesses on youth issues.
- To connect and involve young people more in the community.
- Create and support positive relationships between youth and adults in the community. Members are encouraged to be enthusiastic, energetic and proactive.
- Members must be residents of Wasaga Beach and have a genuine interest and commitment to making Wasaga Beach a youth friendly community.
- Availability to meet during the winter months is required.
- The committee is made up of 4 young members, a member of the council, 4 adults allies of local organizations serving young people and 3 City employees. The duration of this Committee is in accordance with the duration of the mandate of the Nominating Board.
- Klondike Sports Park
1888 Klondike Park Road, Wasaga Beach, ON
- Wasaga Beach RecPlex
1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
- Wasaga Beach Active Living Center and Youth Center
1621 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
- Wasaga Arena of Stars
425 River Road West, Wasaga Beach, ON
Each year, the Town of Wasaga Beach accepts nomination forms for Male and Female Athlete of the Year. These people are recognized at the Wasaga’s Finest Citizen Awards which take place in May.
Applications must be received before February 28 of each year, those received after this date will be considered for scholarships in subsequent years.
A full refund issued until the start of an activity only:
- When an activity canceled by the Recreation, Events and Facilities Department
- When the modified date, time or location of the program prohibits participation.
- Medical reimbursement requests must be accompanied by a medical certificate. Apart from medical reasons, there is no reimbursement.
Refunds are prorated based on the number of courses remaining at the time of receipt of the request.
All refunds issued by check.
Transfers from one course to another are allowed up to five working days before the start date, if there are places available.
- Classes / programs may be canceled due to low enrollment
- Full refunds or transfers may be offered depending on availability
- Pro-rated refunds may be offered if courses / programs are canceled after their start
- Lessons canceled due to the weather, the instructor’s illness will be postponed depending on availability
The Recreation, Events and Facilities Department reserves the right to cancel, postpone, withdraw or combine programs or courses.
The personal information collected is used only by the Town of Wasaga Beach, Recreation Department.
Information used only for the operation of recreation programs.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.