PORTSMOUTH, Virginia (WAVY) – With Halloween knocking on our door, it’s time to get your decorations out, plan your costume and go pick out a fall staple – pumpkins!
Click here to subscribe to WAVY Breaking News email alerts.
While experts say there will likely be a small shortage of pumpkins this year, there are plenty of Commonwealth plots with plenty of fall activities for the whole family! We’ve compiled the following list of some fan favorites for you to enjoy this fall:
- Gallmeyer Farms | 2090 Charles City Road Richmond, VA 23231
- During the fall season, Gallmeyer Farms offers picking your own pumpkins, pre-picked pumpkins, fall vegetables, authentic fall decorations and more. Plus, they have free hay rides, play areas, and a straw bale maze.
- Hours: Every day from 8 a.m. to dusk
- Costs: Free parking and entrances
- Liberty mills farm | 9166 Liberty Mills Road Somerset, Virginia 22972
- This 125-acre family farm, established in 2010, is home to a fall corn maze and pick your own pumpkin patch. They also offer to pick your own flowers.
- Hours: Sunday – Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Costs: Prices vary depending on the day
- Ashland Berry Farm | 12607 Old Ridge Road Beaverdam, VA 23015
- Founded in 1978, Ashland Berry Farm has over 30 acres of pumpkins and fun family activities in the fall. In addition, you can enjoy Fort Pumpkin, 3D Boo House, and homemade donuts.
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. From Saturday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Costs: $ 25 all you can haul pumpkins and a hay ride; various other fees for children’s activities
- Chesterfield Berry Farm | 26002 Pear Orchard Road Moseley, VA 23120
- Located just 45 minutes southwest of the Virginia Capital District, Chesterfield Berry Farm comes alive every fall with its pumpkin patch and fall festival. Throughout their fall season, they have hay rides, an 8 acre dinosaur maze, entertainment area, barrel train ride, wagon train ride, pig races and more. Again.
- Hours: Thursday – Friday from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday – Sunday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Costs: General admission tickets at $ 12; Ultimate Fun Farm Pass $ 16 * available only on weekends
- Greenbrier Farms | 225 Pine Road Sign Chesapeake, VA 23322
- Located in the heart of Chesapeake, Greenbrier Farms features a 15 acre pumpkin patch for families to come and pick their favorite pumpkin. Their fall festival also includes free hay rides, barnyard animals, kids’ games and more.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costs: pumpkin picking starts at $ 12
- Cullipher Farm Market | 772 Princess Anne Road Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23457
- Since 1850, the Cullipher Farm Market has been a fan favorite in the Virginia Beach area. During the fall season, guests can enjoy their pumpkin and sunflower picking fields. They also have a corn maze and a complementary play area.
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costs: $ 8 for corn maze bracelets
- Goose Hill Farm | 22090 Bethel Road Franklin, Virginia 23851
- Established in 1978, Goose Hill expanded in 2007 to provide the local community with healthy farm-to-table produce. In the fall, families can visit the farm to pick pumpkins, sunflowers and squash. In addition, the farms have a maze of cut corn in the shape of a peanut and âGHF 2021â.
- Hours: Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday 9 am to 6 pm; Sunday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costs: $ 5 for the corn maze
- Cox Farms | 15621 Braddock Rd Centerville, Virginia 20120
- Family-owned and operated since 1972, Cox Farms is home to the Washington DC metro area’s largest festival. Throughout the festival, guests will be able to purchase their own pumpkins, enjoy the hay walks, corn mazes, and other fall-themed events. They have a haunted trail event on certain nights.
- Hours: Friday – Monday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. * 5 p.m. in November
- Costs: prices vary per day
- Whitehall Farms | 12523 Popes Head Rd Clifton, VA 20124
- The 200-acre farm was established over six decades ago by a Cuban immigrant who served in the United States military during World War II. In the fall, the farm party allows guests to visit the pumpkin patch, a corn maze and nature trails.
- Hours: Saturday – Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Costs: $ 12 for all over 3 years old; $ 10 for active duty military personnel and their families; $ 10 for groups of 10 or more * all tickets must be purchased online.
- Plantation of the Belvedere | 1410 Belvedere Drive Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
- The 260-year-old farm spans over 600 acres with a pumpkin patch and corn maze. Guests will also enjoy wagon rides, pig races, barrel trains, corn boxes and more.
- Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costs: prices vary per day; additional fees for activities and pumpkins
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm | 1608 Russell Rd Berryville, Virginia 22611
- Since 1988, Mackintosh Fruit Farm has been a family business. Throughout the year, they grow fruits, vegetables and pumpkins. On site, they have a play area for children, as well as bathrooms. Dogs on a leash are welcome.
- Hours: Thursday to Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or until all items are picked up.
- Costs: $ 2 per person
- Mulberry Hills Farm | 6442 Cross Keys Road Mount Crawford, Virginia 22841
- The family business produces a variety of pumpkins and squash, as well as soybeans, wheat and corn. They also keep various animals, including Angus beef cattle. During the fall season, families can visit for U-pick, hay walks and photos.
- Hours: Saturday to Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Costs: No entry fees
- Pumpkin Patch at Hill High Farm | 933 Barley Lane Winchester, Virginia 22602
- As a statewide recognized ‘Farm of the Century’, High Hill Farms is owned and operated by the same family for over 100 years. In the fall, they feature straw mazes, pick apples and pumpkins, and a haunted house.
- Hours: Saturday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. night hours from Friday to Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Costs: No admission fee, $ 8 hayrides and $ 8 corn maze
- Large country farms | 34345 Snickersville Turnpike Bluemont, Virginia 20135
- Founded by a second generation of family farmers in 1993, their fall pumpkin harvest festival includes pumpkin picking, pig races, corn mazes and bonfires.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday – Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costs: $ 10 per child & $ 12 per adult on weekdays, $ 14 per child & $ 16 per adult on weekends
- Owen Farm | 1668 Silver Creek Road Danville, Virginia 24540
- As a full-service farm located along the Virginia-North Carolina border, they offer a pumpkin patch, corn maze, and hay rides during their fall season. Plus, they have their Owen Market and a train ride for the kids.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and alternately on certain weekends
- Costs: $ 10 per child and $ 8 per adult, additional charge for pumpkins and rides
- Parrish View Farms | 2571 Dundas Road Kenbridge, Virginia 23944
- Established in 2009 and reinstated in 2020, it offers events and activities for the whole family during the fall and holiday season. This fall, families can enjoy a corn maze, hay walks, a one-of-a-kind silo theater, farm animals and pumpkin picking.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sat 10 am to 5 pm; Sun. from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Costs: $ 10 admission for all access
- Williams Farm | 5175 West Lee Highway Wytheville, VA 24382
- For over 80 years, Williams Farm has been a family business. During their fall festival, they feature Picking Your Own Pumpkin, Corn Maze, Tractor Pulled Hay Rides, Piece of Pumpkin, Apple Throwers, and lots of other fun activities for kids. children!
- Hours: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Costs: Depends on activities
- Joe’s trees | 5110 Cumberland Gap Rd Newport, Virginia 24128
- As a third generation family farm, they offer a variety of pumpkins in the fall and Christmas trees in the winter. During their fall festival, they have pumpkins, a corn maze, hay rides, and mines.
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Prices: depending on the activities
Get the free WAVY News app, available for download in the App Store and google play, to stay up to date with all your local news, weather and sports, live TV news and other live events.