The Desert Hearts Festival is just under a week away, so we’ve rounded up all the essential information you need to know before heading to Lake Perris.
After a two-year hiatus, those looking for a dose of house, techno and romance will finally come home Desert Hearts Festival. The festival is celebrating its tenth anniversary and is taking place for the first time in a brand new location in Lake Perris. While the venue may be new, Desert Hearts’ deep commitment to its community, traditions and the music itself has not changed. There are plans for even more in store for attendees this year, and they’ve announced that there will be two stages, Desert and Heart, which are set to play at opposite times to keep the “one stage, one vibe” mentality. .
The lineup itself is packed with talent with artists ranging from Carl Craig and Rinzen to Latmun and DJ Heather set to perform, as well as a number of rising stars such as Memo Rex, Life On Planets, and more. Plus, the Desert Hearts family set will once again wrap up the weekend in style, so be sure to stick around until the final beat drops on Monday.
Whether it’s your first time or you’re a decade veteran of the Desert Hearts Festival, this edition is sure to be one of the best yet. Ahead of the weekend, we’ve compiled all the necessary information you need to know before you go. So read on for set times, what not to bring and more – and be sure to check out Lee Reynolds’ playlist, for a great thing to listen to on your drive to Lake Perris .
Desert Hearts Festival 2022 – Essential Info:
Appointment: April 28 – May 1, 2022
Location address: 18095 Lake Perris Dr, Perris, CA 92571
Tickets: Buy HERE
Facebook event page: RSVP HERE
Desert Hearts Festival 2022 – Fixed times:
Desert Hearts Festival 2022 – Map:
Reminder to take care of your belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpocketing, ransacking and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. Although this small number of bad apples in the group does not define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting revelers and it is important to be careful with your valuables when you are to Desert Hearts Festival.
Looking for tips on how to keep your belongings safe? Check out our article highlighting some ideas!
Desert Hearts Festival 2022 – Dos and Don’ts:
- ABSOLUTELY NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES OR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND. Desert Hearts has a strict zero tolerance policy and anyone caught with illegal substances will be escorted from the event and turned over to the proper authorities.
- 21+ event; IDs will be checked at the door.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No dogs/pets
- No glass (please do not bring glass to the beach)
- No barrels
- No fishing gear
- No fireworks, fire tools
- No propane lanterns
- No charcoal grills
- No drones
- No gasoline-powered portable generators
- No audio systems/speakers larger than a portable Bluetooth speaker.
- No return if you leave the festival. Bring what you need for the whole weekend.
- No renegade audio systems – basically anything bigger than a small speaker.
- Amplified sound is NOT permitted in camping areas. If you want to enjoy the music, please join the dance floor and the central heartbeat. One Stage, One Vibe has always been our policy.
- No waste. Pay particular attention to bottles and cigarette butts. Do your part to help clean up trash when you see it.
- No parking except in areas designated by a member of our Red Artery Traffic team. You will be subject to towing if you park alongside roads, block traffic, or put your vehicle where you shouldn’t. Be smart and respectful.
Desert Hearts Community Code
- Foster free creative self-expression and self-discovery
- Encourage free-thinking and individuality
- Focus on our community first
- Consent is MANDATORY!
- Look out for each other and raise positively
- Hold each other accountable for our personal integrity and the integrity of our collective community
- Strive to give back to our local communities
- Encourage participation and autonomy
- Respect the natural environment
- Believe in the balance between the sacred and the temporal
- Inspire each other to proliferate these values in the world
BRINGING YOU THE VIBES
Any creative energy you can bring to the gathering, do it! Do you have a nice decoration for your camp? Do you have clothes or costumes that have tripped? Do you have art paintings or sculptures? Do you like to dance like no one is watching? Well, this is the place to do it! Let your creative genius flourish because that’s what makes our community so beautiful and unique.
Desert Hearts is built by our community. It is our love, creative expression and respect for ourselves and others that makes this festival so unique. Remember you are entering a beautiful place that we can create worldwide. Be an example to others – and to yourself – of what is possible when we lead with love.
Connect with Desert Hearts on social media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | SoundCloud | Youtube