The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit reported 30 new cases of COVID-19 in its latest update released on September 15.
The new cases include 19 unvaccinated people, four partially vaccinated people and seven fully vaccinated people.
The new cases reported today are as follows:
- Collingwood (2): A person between 18 and 34 years old and a person between 45 and 64 years old. One case is linked to close contacts and the other is still under investigation.
- Wasaga Beach (3): One person between 18 and 34 years old and two people between 45 and 64 years old. Two cases are listed as acquired in the community and one is linked to close contact transmission.
- Spring water (1): A person between the ages of 18 and 34 whose case is related to travel.
- Barrie (6): Three young people under the age of 18, one person 45 to 64 years old, one person 65 to 79 years old and one person over 79 years old. Three cases are linked to close contact transmission, two are listed as community acquired (no link known) and one is still under investigation.
- Innisfil (2): Two people between 18 and 34 years old. One case is linked to close contact and the other is listed as community acquis (no known link).
- Bradford (2): A person between 18 and 34 years old and a person between 35 and 44 years old. Both cases are listed as acquired in the community (no known link).
- Oro-Medonte (1): A person between the ages of 18 and 34 whose transmission of the case is still under investigation.
- Midland (1): A person between 18 and 34 years old whose case is listed as community (no known link).
- Penetanguishene (1): A person between the ages of 18 and 34 whose case is still under investigation.
- Essa (2): A person between 18 and 34 years old and a person between 45 and 64 years old. One case is related to close contact transmission, and the other is still under investigation.
- New Tecumseth (3): Three people between 35 and 44 years old. Two cases are linked to close contact transmission.
- Adjala-Tosorontio (3): Two young people under 18 and one person between 45 and 64 years old. All three cases are linked to close contact transmission.
- Muskoka District (3): Three people between 18 and 34 years old from Bracebridge.
There are currently 250 active cases in the region.
Thirteen people in Simcoe County are hospitalized with COVID-19.
Since the start of the pandemic, the local health unit has confirmed 13,248 cases of COVID-19, of which 12,742 have been cured and 256 cases have resulted in death.
The breakdown of case variants includes:
4,007 alpha cases,
168 gamma cases,
34 beta cases,
918 delta cases,
and 661 cases have tested positive and are awaiting further testing.
According to the health unit, 76.6 percent of the population aged 12 and older living in Simcoe-Muskoka received both doses of the vaccine and 83.3 percent received at least one dose of a vaccine.
About 26.7 percent of the total population of Simcoe-Muskoka (including children) are not vaccinated and 67.3 percent are fully vaccinated.
To learn more about the immunization status of Simcoe-Muskoka cases and hospitalizations, click here.
Anyone born in or before 2009 and living in the Simcoe-Muskoka region can book their first or second dose of vaccine online through the Ontario Vaccine Reservation System. More appointments are added regularly for clinics in the region.
The health unit sometimes withdraws a case or moves it based on further investigation of the whereabouts data. The graph below reflects the updated totals for each municipality as reported by the health unit on September 15.
|Municipality||Total number of cases **||Recoveries||Deaths||To the hospital||Last reported case||Cumulative incidence rate *||% of 12+ pop. with two doses of vaccine|
|Barrie||4 375||4,191||121||3||September 14||2852||76.1%|
|Bradford Task Force||2,169||2 106||38||1||September 14||4 969||73.6%|
|Open view||143||137||5||September 7||951||70.2%|
|Try||539||512||4||1||September 14||2 236||78%|
|Innisfil||1,306||1,270||18||2||September 14||3 168||70%|
|New Tecumseth||1,587||1,535||18||3||September 14||3,748||73.2%|
|Penetanguishene||207||196||8||September 14||2 148||83.6%|
|Spring water||307||298||2||1||September 13||1,432||83.9%|
|Wasaga Beach||300||284||5||2||September 14||1,266||78.8%|
~ Fully vaccinated means an individual whose second dose was given 14 days or more before the onset of symptoms of COVID-19.
* The cumulative incidence rate is the number of cases per 100,000 people reported to date
** Total number of cases includes the number of cases that are currently recovering at home as well as those that have recovered, died or are hospitalized